While I have not fully decided on a study abroad program or when during my 4 years of undergrad, I have researched a couple opportunities and have picked one global experience program I would be interested in, a two week agribusiness study abroad program in Italy. This program is taking place during Maymester of this year. The purpose of this trip is to introduce students to agricultural business practices and ideals on an international scale. They would learn the history, laws, and culture of European agribusiness. This program would meet the course requirements of ARE 494. Throughout the trip, students would visit farms, markets, universities and government offices to discuss Italy’s agriculture industry. Students will also visit an olive farm, a cheese factory, and a pasta facility to experience some of Italy’s well known agricultural products. 

While this program has already reached its deadline for applications, I hope to participate in a program similar to this in the future. I believe a opportunity such as this will allow me to realize how expansive my industry of interest truly is. It will also increase my knowledge of all of the different branches that make up the agricultural industry. An experience like this will help me grow not only as a person but as a future member of the agriculture industry.