I can honestly say that the Chancellor’s Leadership Development program has helped me become more involved throughout campus. During most of my first semester at NC State, I felt very overwhelmed with all the opportunities presented to first year students, and I missed out on many of those opportunities since I was too afraid to try anything new. However, the CLDP forced us out of of our comfort zones time and time again, whether it be practicing handshakes with complete strangers or presenting our entire life story on a poster. The group mentoring meetings each month also made me realize that all NCSU freshman are in the same boat as me: they are in a new place and don’t know what they’re doing or who is around them. This realization as well as the confidence I received from telling my life story to a group of people I had only recently become acquainted with allowed me to become more involved in my campus. I have watched, volleyball, basketball, and baseball games. I have attended fairs and galleries presented by fellow NC State Students. I participated in the 2018 Krispy Kreme Challenge and had a blast doing it. Most recently, I have applied for and received a job working for NC State’s plant pathology department which I will start March 19th. The moment I was able to open myself to new opportunities was the second I realize how much I have and am enjoying myself at NC State. I hope to continue becoming involved in the campus that I have come to love.